What to Bring for Tax Preparation


Here you will find everything you need to get the most out of your time with us.


Please bring the following to your initial meeting:

  • Last year’s Federal and State tax returns (for new clients)
  • Voided Check for Direct Deposit of Refund
  • Social Security Cards (s) or a copy for: you, your spouse and, all dependents (new clients and/or additional dependent not claimed the previous year)
  • Income/Wage statements: W-2’s, 1099’s, Alimony received or paid, Brokerage account year-end statements, Stock options sale papers, Pension or retirement income statements, Social Security Income, Unemployment Income yearly statement, State income tax refund for previous year, Lottery and gambling winnings
  • Rental property income and expenses
  • Partnership, S Corp, trusts, or estate yearly statements and tax returns
  • Car, motor home, and boat registration paperwork
  • Donation receipts
  • IRA contributions
  • Child care expenses and provider information
  • Medical expenses
  • State taxes paid
  • Estimated Tax Payments
  • Unreimbursed employment-related expenses
  • Job-related educational expenses
  • Casualty or theft losses
  • Foreign taxes paid
  • Proof of Healthcare Insurance


  • Mortgage interest year-end statement
  • Home equity year-end statement
  • Property tax information
  • If you sold your home, purchase and home improvement information


  • Income and expense reports
  • Mileage logs for autos
  • Receipts for business assets purchased


  • Tuition and education fees
  • Student loan information
  • Grants and scholarship information

If applicable:

  1. Death certificate for taxpayer or spouse.
  2. Official date of marriage, separation or divorce mm/dd/year.
  3. Marital settlement agreement and final decree.

Note: Dependent children must have a Social Security number. If not yet obtained, final completion of your return will be delayed pending issuance.


  • It is now Mandatory for us to file your tax returns Electronically. *Certain exclusions will apply to some taxpayers.
  • *Some circumstances will exclude certain taxpayers from being Electronically filed. In such a case, there will be an e-file Opt-Out Form (8454) that must be filed with a paper return. Should you choose not to have your return filed electronically, you must also file Form (8454) with your paper return.


  • We file your return via computer modem. You do not file a paper return with any taxing authority. You will receive an electronic copy of the returns for your files.
  • Before your return is processed, you will be called to come into our office to pay for your completed return before your returns can be transmitted. If you are filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to sign.
  • IRS Form 9325 states that refunds from electronically filed returns should be received approximately three (3) weeks after acceptance.
  • Submit * all taxpayer, spouse and dependent Social Security Cards to preparer for verification of names and numbers as reported to the Social Security Administration.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at (510) 758-9725 or via email to info@goldenbaytax.com.